Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sleep, an Impossible Commodity

It is no surprise that the last 2 weeks have been tiring. With finals now done, I was really looking forward to a good night sleep without any essays or exams looming over my head. But God definitely has a sense of humor. I was just about asleep, it was like 10:30 and I had been tossing and turning for an hour and a half and the fire alarm goes off. Great. Just great. So I stumble out of bed, grab my phone, manage to find my bathrobe and shoes, almost forget my id and keys and go outside. The only blessing was that it wasn't too cold outside and my bathrobe was thick enough so I didn't freeze like the other short short pajama clad dorm buddies. You can always tell when I am just slightly on the peeved side when I am calling the automated voice a moron and criticizing and poking holes in the emergency procedures. Insted of just the alarm, we get this automated voice telling us to evacuate the building, not taking the elevator, etc. and he got the brunt of my frustration. I don't think he minded. But then once I got back to my room 15 minutes later (the security to clear the building took their sweet time) I was awake. Took me forever to 'go back to sleep'. And on the day I get to fly out. The one day where I have a lot to do in a short amount of time. Real funny God, real funny.

In a slightly more upbeat frustration (if there is one) two of my grades have been officially posted. I knew I was getting an A- in art history, but when my psych stats grade came in this morning I was shocked. The grades were on blackboard, so I could calculate my average, a simple points system out of 480 points. So I was resigned to the A- that blackboard told me. I was really happy that I was able to bull my bunnies out of the fire and pull out some kind of A. But when I checked my official grade, it was an A. Pure unadulterated A. I don't know how my 92.29 grade turned into a 93 or higher, but it did. Maybe my group was right, the 'I don't curve grades' stick up her you know what professor, did make me the teachers pet. I didn't do anything to deserve such an 'honor' I assure you, but maybe it was bestowed upon me. I got an A out of it, so I am not complaining, puzzling yes, complaining no.

Well I have some last minute stuff to do, so I can board my plane and forget the last two weeks ever happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment