Sunday, October 16, 2011

Over Halfway Done

Well the ending of this week marks the official halfway point of the semester. Good thing for me being I only had one 'midterm'. And that was grueling, so I am glad I only had one. After taking that test makes me even more thankful none of her tests are cumulative. If they were, I would be dead by finals. And then instead of being able to crash back at my dorm, I had a paper to write. Good thing it was an English paper on a story I had already read. Procrastination, gotta love it!

This weekend has been disappointing on one front, and that would be the knitting front. I pulled Dad's Christmas vest out of my closet (I learned my lesson with the drawer!) and decided to finish the armholes and neck edging. So I put on You've Got Mail and 3 needle bound off and did the armholes. This morning I finished the neck, and had the idea to try it on, since My dad is similar in size, just taller, and without 2 size D's. So, I tried it on and realized that he has a bigger head, and I had trouble getting it over my head. So after having everything done, it has to all come out, and the front has to get redone. That is never the way a project should turn out.

But, I have gotten some good progress on Out Of Cheese. I am now on row 139/168. It is going along nicely, despite the bazillion gillion stitches on the needles right now. My blue shawl is also going well. I am getting close enough to start the countdown of rows. As of now I am working on the 33rd row before the bind off. Row 35 was a bit tricky, but 33 is nice.

On the subject of hobbies, since I had nothing to do on Saturday, I found myself in the musty, dusty bowels of the brown wing of the library and despite the asthma attack, managed to pick up some reading material. I was looking for Douglas Adams, and after picking up the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, my (high school) senior English teacher Mrs. Mendek's favorite book grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and pulled me back and I ended up checking out The Once and Future King by T.H. White. I had forgotten about her mentioning that book until I was a few racks past it and stopped in my tracks and went "wait a minute" backed up and picked it up. I shall report later as to if her like of the book is founded or not.

As a sad ending note, Betty Driver, better know as Betty Williams on Coronation street died this weekend. The Rovers Return will now be deprived of its hotpots. A wonderful character and amazing woman, such a full career and a much loved actress. She will be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment