Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oh, What a Break!, (Late Novemeber, back in 2011?)

A bit late for my normal post I know, but, I survived! The school put on a last minute (to me at least) thanksgiving meal, in which I stuffed myself even though it wasn't quite traditional. I am not the 'turkey police' when it comes to the proper was a thanksgiving meal should go, really, I mean I like my thanksgiving with a banana under the skin (makes it nice and moist, not gross at all surprisingly) but that meal would have benefited from someone taking the thanksgiving off its name. The turkey was good, it was smoked, and with the gravy it resembled a thanksgiving ideal, resmebled. The gravy was really good, and made the stuffing bearable. It was supposed to be cornbread, but had the consistency of bread stuffing, which was odd. The green bean casserole was the worst though. The green beans had no taste, in place of cream of mushroom soup, there was a tasteless sauce, and tasted entirely of red bell pepper. It was really really weird. But that is over, the cafeteria is now open again, and all is right with the world.

Now that the holidays are over, and I have had a nice 3-5 days of sleeping in and occasional homework, it is time to start prepping for exams. I know, December isn't even here yet and I'm am staring finals in the face. This week I have an oral exam in french on Wednesday, a stats exam and a socio exam on Thursday and an art history exam on Friday. Lovely right? So I think its safe to say I will have no life this week with a paper I have barely started due on Friday also.

In about an hour I get to meet my lovely oral exam partner for french. The partner who gave me the wrong email address, ignored me for more than a week, and just now wants to start studying for the oral. I have been trying to get ready for more than a week, but couldn't really without my partner. So now that it is getting closer, it is suddenly a good idea to meet at the library and get our acts together. I am just hoping that we are graded separately. As Asia sang, only time will tell.

On a brighter, happier note, our football team have gotten through the regular season officially undefeated. Next Saturday we face the conference USA champs of the east for the title, then after that I don't know. Hopefully my and my roomie can get $5 student tickets and go before they all sell out. I heard that yesterday all of the regular tickets sold out, and I have a feeling the student tickets will go like hot cakes as well. The nice thing is that it will be at Robertson stadium, so we have an opportunity to go. It will also be on ABC that day too, so you guys can watch too, hopefully.

Oh, knitting, I almost forgot. Lets see here, not much has gotten done. One really cute striped preemie hat, and a good amount done on Vlad. It is a shawl done with my 'reclaimed' plum baby bee yarn from last semester. It is turning out nice, it should though since it is on size 8's. But it is fun, keeps me on my toes.

Alright, that's it for me, school work beckons, unfortunately. But less than 2 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment