Saturday, November 12, 2011

Random Occurrences

Another week done and dusted, and all I really have to show for it is a blog post. Not much on the productivity scale, but at least someone gets to peek into my life. I guess the sad thing is that most of the stuff 'post-worthy' happened before Tuesday was done, making the rest of my week into a non-event it seems.

So to start things off, everyone will be pleased to hear that after my big trip to the Menil collection last week, I am still only 1 1/2 pages into my paper, which is supposed to be 6 pages long. Only good news being it is now due a week later, on the 25th instead of the 18th, which means an extra week of procrastination. The deadline was extended because the antiquities section was closed for renovations, not to open until a day after our paper is due. So the deadline was extended, and I am one of the lucky ones to get in before it was closed. I am going to try to turn it in early, maybe get it graded early, so that I am not writing it over thanksgiving break in my ramen induced sleep coma (cafeteria closed Weds-Fri, so it is cheap food not requiring cooking or refrigeration for me!). That is what my Intro to Fiction paper is for, and finals studying, cause that starts a week after Thanksgiving.

I swear (although I shouldn't) the Christmas season starts sooner every year. It hasn't even gotten close to black Friday, this was last Saturday mind you, and hints of the holiday season was creeping up. It hit me in Kroger's last week that they weren't playing that odd mix of supermarket music, they were playing Christmas music. What is next, after the memorials on 9/11 the cutting of the pine trees? Sorry, getting slightly cynical.

A few random moments from the week, first of all, for the first time, I have actually noticed the ornithological happenings around me. In lay mans terms you could say I saw a blue jay. This is odd in the respect that I don't really know my birds, and don't really pay attention to them, and yet while walking one morning, it kinda caught my eye. Nice way to start the morning, a bright pretty blue jay standing 3 feet away from you, not scared off from the sleep deprived college student standing 3 feet away. Talk about more scared of you than the other way round. And also Murphy struck. I was thinking last week that my headphones have lasted me a good few years, like more than 3, which for me is really really good, and guess what, yup, the left one just upped and quit with no warning. So I tried to struggle through, but one eared music is kinda funky especially when the songs are in stereo and all you get is half the instruments and the intermittent backing vocals. So now I am the proud owner of a pair of $10 neon pink earphones from the bookstore. I would have gone with black like the old ones, or even purple, but all they had were these obnoxious pink ones. They work real nice though, hopefully they will last long like the last ones.

Ah, knitting, yes I have done some. Justin's sweater is as of right now, a sleeve and 9 rows of k2/p2 ribbing away from being done. So what television knitting have I done? Well not much I will admit. I finished 3 preemie hats, my WIP socks finally, and another pair of bed socks. I had some spare yarn from one of the sweaters I made, and I needed a quick project for the bus ride last weekend. I needed a pair of acrylic socks I can wash and wash and wash, so these were it. I finished the body of one whole sock listening to roomie dearest's woes for 2 hours. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind, maybe too many details in her relationship, but nevertheless, I really didn't mind helping her out, she just needed an unbiased person to help her see the big picture, or at least another perspective. And I must have 'spill your guts' tattooed to my forehead, cause this happens more often than you would expect.

And as a final remark, I shall conclude that out of all the Adam Sandler movies I have seen, and were repulsed by/ disappointed by, I have finally seen one that I actually like. I just finished watching '50 First Dates', a really cute movie that I would actually watch again.

If I don't get eaten by my art history paper, see ya in a week, ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment